Corporate Law Attorney in Fort Worth
Proactive Legal Counsel for Long-Term Business Success
The Messerli Law Firm, PLLC offers practical legal solutions that help you build and protect your business. We believe in being proactive in providing corporate legal advice in order for our clients to achieve business success. Additionally, our unique business and finance backgrounds allow us to bring your business value as both legal and business advisors.
Call (972) 850-2033 today to schedule a consultation with our Fort Worth corporate lawyer.
A Trusted Texas Corporate Lawyer
When operating a business, there is usually a wide range of legal issues that need to be resolved to shield yourself from liability and protect your business interests, assets, and intellectual property. It is advisable to work with a Dallas/Fort Worth corporate law attorney who would serve as your trusted advisor in matters involving contracts, disputes, buy/sell transactions, litigation, and many more. At The Messerli Law Firm, PLLC, our corporate law attorney is dedicated to helping you protect and grow your business and provide legal guidance to meet your various needs.
Why You Need a Texas Corporate Law Attorney
Handling disputes and legal issues are an inevitable part of running a business. That is why it is essential to be represented by a skilled corporate law attorney from the moment you begin thinking of starting a business.
An experienced corporate law attorney can provide the following services:
- Setting up a new business. If you have a business idea and you are ready to run with it, a lawyer will help you select the right type of business structure to protect your interests. In addition, your lawyer will get the necessary documentation to help you set up your business.
- Limited liability company (LLC) formation. Most small business owners choose to form an LLC. If LLC is the right structure for your business, an attorney will help you prepare the required documentation and register the entity with the Secretary of State and ensure that you avoid mistakes during the formation process.
- Buying/selling a business. Buying and selling a business involves drafting a purchase-sale agreement, conducting a due diligence investigation, and taking care of many other procedures, contracts, and legal matters.
- Non-compete agreements. Most businesses can benefit from drafting valid and enforceable non-compete agreements to protect the company’s sensitive and confidential information.
- Partnership agreements. When a company is operated by multiple partners, it is advisable to create a partnership agreement to spell out the entity’s structure and operations as well as the partners’ rights and obligations.
- Dispute management. While some business-related disputes can be resolved through effective negotiation, others may lead to litigation. Either way, it is recommended to seek the legal counsel of an attorney to manage and resolve your disputes and protect your business interests.
- Business litigation. When litigation cannot be prevented through dispute management, mediation, and other negotiation strategies, your business may face a lawsuit. In that case, it is vital to have a knowledgeable corporate law attorney on your side.
At The Messerli Law Firm, PLLC, we handle all types of business disagreements, including but not limited to breach of contract, partnership, unfair competition, and other types of commercial disputes.
A Corporate Law Attorney Can Protect Your Assets
Different business structures come with varying types of liability protection for the business owner. Depending on the form of your entity, you may be held personally liable for the actions committed by or through your company.
In that case, your personal assets may be at risk if you lose a business lawsuit. For this reason, it is critical to choose the right business structure to protect your personal assets and shield yourself from liability in the event of business litigation.
Call a Texas Corporate Law Attorney Today
The Dallas/Fort Worth corporate law attorney at The Messerli Law Firm is committed to helping you every step of the legal process when starting a business, creating and executing agreements, managing disputes, and defending your interests in lawsuits.
Our unmatched reputation allows us to build life-long professional relationships with our clients in Dallas/Fort Worth. Contact principal attorney Matthew G. Messerli for help with your legal matters by calling (972) 850-2033 for a case review.