Fort Worth Start-Up Legal Counsel Services
Dedicated and High Caliber Representation in Mid-Cities and Throughout Denton County
If you are an entrepreneur ready to build your business from the ground up, you will need capable legal guidance when choosing the appropriate business entity, hiring your first employees, and drafting and negotiating the contracts and documents that will serve as the foundation of your company. You will also need a fierce legal advocate to help overcome challenges and navigate disputes that your venture will inevitably face.
Our Fort Worth start-up legal counsel services at The Messerli Law Firm, PLLC are designed to launch, grow, and protect your business endeavor. Our attorney has over 20 years of business experience and has supported entrepreneurs throughout Texas across a wide range of industries. Our team is invested in your long-term success and can serve as your dedicated legal partner from idea to exit.
Our Start-Up Legal Services
The Messerli Law Firm, PLLC has a history of providing exemplary legal support to start-ups and businesses of numerous sizes throughout their lifecycles. Whether you are a seasoned businessowner or a new entrepreneur, we can provide the thorough legal guidance you need to succeed.
Our Fort Worth start-up legal counsel services include:
- Business Entity Selection. Forming a business entity protects you from liability, provides an enforceable organizational structure, and confers tax efficiencies. Our firm can evaluate your start-up idea and advise what business entity type will best support your goals. Many small businessowners will elect to form a limited liability company (LLC), but we can also assist with the formation of partnerships, corporations, and other entity types.
- Formation Document Support. Once you have selected your business entity, we can obtain and prepare the necessary documentation and file the appropriate paperwork with the Secretary of State. We are extremely familiar with the formation process and can help you avoid common mistakes.
- Company Governance Agreements and Documents. Part of forming a business entity involves creating and executing legal documents that outline the company’s leadership, how it will operate, how decisions will be made, and how disputes will be resolved, among other things. The type of entity you form will determine what exact documents are required. We can work with you to draft governance agreements that meet all government regulations and are conducive to your start-up’s goals.
- Contract Services. We provide a full suite of contracting services for start-ups as they continue to grow their businesses. Our team can assist with the drafting, reviewing, and finalizing of employment agreements, contractor agreements, purchase and sale agreements, nondisclosure agreements, intellectual property agreements, and more.
- Financing Guidance. Our firm can help new start-ups explore financing options and opportunities. We can perform due diligence on prospective investors and financing sources and protect your interests throughout the process of raising capital.
- Commercial Lease Negotiation. Our team has substantial experience assisting businesses with matters of real estate and can help your start-up draft, negotiate, and execute a commercial lease.
- Mergers and Acquisitions Support If you are looking to exit your business entity or are interested in acquiring another company, our team can perform due diligence, draft a purchase and sale agreement, ensure regulatory compliance, and assist with all other elements of the transaction.
- Litigation Services. If your business becomes involved in a lawsuit, you will need experienced representation to defend your interests. Our litigation team can also pursue legal action on behalf of start-ups whose rights have been violated by another individual or business entity.
- General Counsel Services. Our firm can support start-ups on a case-by-case basis and provide ongoing legal counsel. We can help you navigate issues as they arise, perform due diligence investigations on new opportunities, and keep you abreast of emerging legislation that may impact your business.